PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, also known as PUBG Mobile, has released version 0.17.0 with several new features, including: the Royale Pass Season 12, death replay, and some new awards.
While the Royale Pass Season 12 has “2gether We Play" as its theme, and the Royale Pass Season 13 will be made available in March 9, 2020. There is also a new character, named Carlo, which has been introduced in the game, confirmed earlier through leaks to be launching in the latest release.
The latest update also coincides with PUBG Mobile's second anniversary, which is more reason a new amusement park has also been added to the game.
New Features in PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update
- Colorblind Mode: New colorblind mode has been added to the graphic settings, which mode provides different color options for indicators in the game, including poison, auxiliary lines, and smoke.
- Hardcore Mode: Hardcore mode is reintroduced in the game to allow users select the mode by visiting the Arcade Mode selection screen. In the mode, actions like opening or closing the doors, and picking up accessories are enabled for both realistic and challenging gameplay. And prompt sound is disabled in the hardcore mode.
- Death Replay: This is perhaps the most-awaited feature in PUBG Mobile. It helps the gamer in identifying mistakes which led to their death in the game, so that the players would not repeat it in the game.
- Universal Mark: This feature is helpful for marking locations, supplies, death crates, and vehicles. And players can use the markers in the game for easy communication.
- New Amusement Park: Amusement Park In Erangel has been introduced to mark the second anniversary of PUBG Mobile; the Erangel map on the game will now come with amusement parks, but the old school amusement parks can still be seen in the game in three different locations in the Erangel map.
- New Arcade Machines: There are brand new arcade machines placed in the amusement parks which can be activated by tokens.
- DBS Shotgun: A double-barreled shotgun has also been added to PUBG Mobile. The DBS shotgun holds 14 rounds and capable of firing two shots per rack, available via AirDrops.
How to Download PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update?
PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update takes a little more time to download because of its huge size of 1.69 GB for Android and 1.95 GB for iOS. And downloading all the files can really be time consuming, so it is advised to download it using Wi-Fi.
PUBG Mobile Update for iOS: Select Updates at the bottom right-hand corner of your home screen. Then tap the Update All button at the top of the screen or simply scroll down to the PUBG app if want to update only the app. And you'll need to enter your password and click “Yes” to the notification alerts that pop up.
For Android: Go to Google Play Store and select Menu, followed by My apps & games. There you will see the process as above, either press “Update All” or select PUBG specifically to update only the app. Additional information on PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update is available here.