While the team also recently announced a new project that offers EndeavourOS for ARM computers, which is similar to the collaboration for EndeavourOS x86_64 and Arch Linux; EndeavorOS ARM aims to provide same experience on devices running ARM (Acorn RISC Machine) based processors.
EndeavourOS 2021.02.03 comes with improved features such as the live environment and updated offline option, that now installs the latest fully themed Xfce 4.16 desktop.
What's New in EndeavourOS 2021.02.03 Release?
EndeavourOS 2021.02.03 has the core software updated to latest versions, such as Linux Kernel 5.10.11.arch1-1, Nvidia 460.39-2, Mesa 20.3.4-1, Firefox 85.0-1, and Calamares 3.2.34-10.
And besides the updated offline option, that now installs the latest fully themed Xfce 4.16 desktop, EndeavourOS 2021.02.03 also added several new features as listed below:
- Welcome app now supports Brazillian-Portuguese
- GVFS packages are now only installed when chosen GTK environments
- Reflector-bash-completion added to make the use of Reflector easier
- For online install, mirrors will automatically update for a faster install and to decrease unresponsive mirrors
- Reordering and adding packages installed to improve filesystem support on GTK and QT environments
- QT environments have now kio-fuse, kio-gdrive and audiocd-kio installed by default
- Alacrity added as one of the supported terminals for our native apps
- Reflector-auto removed since Reflector has it shipped by default>
Additionally, there is a new option in Welcome –pkglist=URL to add additional packages on installation using user_pkglist.txt file which also can be found under user_pkglist.txt in the file liveusers home and users can edit it to install additional packages.
How to Download or Upgrade to EndeavourOS 2021.02.03
If you're a new user and want to try out the latest EndeavourOS 2021.02.03, you can get the ISO image from here.
However, you'll need a fresh installation of the latest ISO image as a first-timer. And if you encounter any issues, there are official installation instructions available here.