While the Septor Linux team has released a new edition dubbed Septor Linux 2021 with upgraded core applications and upstream version, including the update to latest Linux kernel and KDE Plasma desktop environment to new versions 5.9.15 and 5.20.4 respectively.
Septor Linux 2021 also brings other updated software for secure experience such as HexChat, qTox instant messaging, Tor Browser 10.0.7, Thunderbird, QuiteRSS, and OnionShare file sharing utility.
What's New in Septor Linux 2021 Release?
Besides the upgraded core applications, Septor Linux 2021 also include a bundle of new KDE Application 20.12 along with other updated software within productivity, graphics, and multimedia varieties of applications.
Other new changes in Septor Linux 2021 includes:
- Graphics and Multimedia Apps: GIMP, Gwenview. VLC, K3b, Guvcview, and VokoscreenNG
- Productivity Apps: LibreOffice, Kontact, KOrganizer, Okular, Kwrite, and Kate
- Dolphin and KFind file management and search applications
- Synaptic and DEBiTool for management and installation of software
- Sweeper, KGpg, Cleopatra, Mat2, KWallet, zuluCrypt, ISO Image Writer, Gufw, Ark, and Cup-backup
Additionally, Septor Linux 2021 instead of the earlier stable Debian 10 “Buster” is based on a testing branch of the upcoming Debian 11 “Bullseye”.
How to Download or Upgrade to Septor Linux 2021
The ISO image of Septor Linux 2021 is now available for download, and you can follow the instructions on how to prepare the media for installation and plug it into your system to install it here.