However, everything has been simplified and easier for the freelancer and contractor, thanks to the already available tools. SaaS (Software as a service) has grown widely and spread globally, making tasks easier. Through the SaaS platforms, contractors and freelancers can compile various activities and manage their careers on purely online platforms. Cloud computing has even smoothened the path for both parties.
It is sporadic to encounter a freelance or even a contractor dealing with some junk of papers in the name of documenting projects or even inventories. Developers and programmers are already on a spree to enhance the available tools that can be more substantial to the typical user and freelancers and contractors.
8 Best Online Tools for Contractors and Freelancers
Through these tools or platforms, a freelancer or contractor can keep an eye on the most brilliant and latest ideas, access already prepared inventories, or even prepare the checklists themselves. Find below the best tools and platforms useful for any freelancer and contractor.
- Hubspot It is one of the most effective platforms where a freelancer can keep an eye on consistent or potential clients. A couple of emails and conversations you have undertaken with your clients as freelancers are coupled more challenging in this powerful platform. Through Hubspot, you can prepare reminders, make notes, and do any other important activity about your freelancer career.
- QuickBooks Freelancing and smaller businesses benefit a range of services from this powerful tool. With QuickBooks, you can undertake accounting services and also manage all the expenses regarding freelancing. It is also a go-for tool when it comes to taxation.
- Basecamp As a freelancer or contractor, you might have a broader range of projects to undertake and manage. However, with Basecamp, everything about projects seems to be sorted out. It will help to keep and maintain projects. You can use it to prepare to-do lists. Asana, a tool that enables you to keep track of the client or project deadlines, is more substantial. It is a powerful top-up to Basecamp.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator If you want to find the best people in any company or online organization, LinkedIn Sales Navigator can be of great help. With this tool, a freelancer can establish a company's best contract under a non-permanent client's ownership.
- Harvest Harvest is also another productive and essential tool for the freelancer and contractor. With the tool, a freelancer or even a company can keep track of timings and employee report hours. It can also keep track of project timelines enabling clients and their employees to be at per on the project's status underway. MyHours and Toggle are some more tools that will help you establish hours spent to complete given tasks.
- Canva Canva is a tool that's vital for the design of exclusive presentations and will enable you to create social assets for your website or blog. It is pretty easy to use, and the outcome is a perfect presentation that everyone will love.
- Google Drive Google Drive is a common platform essential for sending documents, saving your thesis ideas, and other crucial workpieces. Most freelancers keep an eye on their projects and quickly make adjustments and corrections courtesy of Google Drive. Fortunately, the application is free and easy to use, hence making a contractor and freelancer much easier.
- Calendly Time management is even more comfortable, courtesy of Calendly. All you need as a freelancer is to ensure strict adherence to its guidelines. Calendly will help you spare time by setting up meetings with various clients across the globe.
Freelancing and contracting is more manageable with the influx of better tools to manage every service undertaken. Usually, most of the applications or tools are substantial to both clients and freelancers.
They revolve around time management, project notifications, online scheduling meetups, and much more. Evernote, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Buffer are also primarily for organization and simplification of freelance activities.